Double your chance of winning the $50 Amazon Gift Card and other cash prizes by signing up to volunteer before Wednesday! Ask your friends to join you.
Order your exclusive WeeM 45 merchandise now!
Interested in sharing a room or ride? Let our matchmaker help you by signing up no later than today.
See All the Rates.
This site will be updated with the latest information as it becomes available.
How to Book
You can call the hotel at 847.777.6500 and request the Chicago Mensa HalloweeM rate but if you didn’t book by Thursday, October 14th, you probably missed your chance to get the WeeM discount.
Problems booking? Please e‑mail the WeeM Hotel Liaison and we’ll fix the problem.
As always, room space is limited. Book early for the best availability!
About the Hotel
Once again, WeeM will be held at the Westin Chicago North Shore in Wheeling, IL. This hotel is amazing. The address is 601 N. Milwaukee Ave. in Wheeling (60090) and the hotel is at the southeast corner of Milwaukee Avenue and Lake Cook Road; access the main entrance by heading east at the light at the intersection of Milwaukee Avenue and Wolf Road.
The Westin has been a terrific host for us for a number of years now, and we're looking forward to spending WeeM with them again. The staff is friendly and are willing to accommodate our special requirements. They provide plenty of meeting rooms for all our needs plus the hospitality area where we can provide meals, snacks, and libations, all included in your registration fee. In addition to comfortable, quiet, and beautiful rooms and public areas, the Westin offers the following amenities:
- Heated indoor pool and whirlpool
- 24-Hour Business Center with complimentary internet access
- 24-Hour Gym
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet Access in the lobby and rooms
- Restaurant on-site (see Meals for information about it and other nearby restaurants)
- Complimentary parking
- Direct access to the forest preserves on the east
Pet-friendly rooms and other amenities can be made available upon request, but fees may apply. Rooms facing east overlook the Forest Preserve.
The WeeM team has negotiated a low rate for this amazing hotel this year! Please note that rates quoted below do not include tax.
- Reserve by October 14th - $119 per night
Reservations are subject to availability and the hotel's cancellation policies. If you need an accessible room or a suite, e‑mail the WeeM Hotel Liaison .
Room and Ride Sharing
We heard your feedback that finding people to share rooms and rides with had been difficult some years ago. So we created a role on the WeeM team of the Room and Ride Matchmaker just to help manage these requests in a way that protects your privacy and it proved successful. Visit our Ride and Room Sharing page for details.
WeeM Floor Plan
The meeting rooms for WeeM are all located close together on the main floor just south of the lobby making it very convenient for all attendees. View the floorplan for WeeM or download a copy by clicking/tapping here.
Having trouble booking a room?
Sometimes the hotel will run out of rooms set aside at our discounted rate. The solution is very simple — the WeeM Hotel Liaison calls and asks the hotel to add more rooms. If you notice it’s difficult to reserve a room or the rate is higher than our negotiated rates, please e‑mail the WeeM Hotel Liaison and we’ll fix the problem.
Also if you do book by some other means, please let the WeeM Hotel Liaison know. The hotel charges Chicago Area Mensa based on the number of rooms booked in our block, so we need an accurate number to negotiate the best deal for future HalloweeMs to keeps registration rates low.
The Westin is surrounded by several restaurants and is bordered to the east by the scenic Des Plaines River trail. The trail is easy to access from the hotel parking lot and is an excellent way to get some fresh air and exercise during your time at WeeM! A map of the hotel (via Google Maps) is on the right, and you can search the nearby area from the map or click/tap the link below the map to view the map full-screen. The hotel’s website also lists places to go for recreation, arts & culture, and local attractions. Our Excursions Chair also has some suggestions that are listed on our Excursions page. There’s plenty to do in the surrounding area if you have some extra time.
The hotel provides shuttle service to any destination within a five-mile radius of the hotel, which includes the Wheeling Metra station but which does NOT include airports. Simply arrange your transport with the front desk before leaving (and call the hotel at 847.777.6500 from your destination for a pickup). Please note, pickup times may vary depending on hotel shuttle availability, and the Metra line closest to the hotel does not run on Sunday. Also, it is politely asked that a minimum $2 tip per person per trip be shared with the driver, more if they help with luggage.
- Registration - Join the fun at WeeM. Register at the door if you haven’t preregistered. The deadline for online registration was October 15th.
- Excursion - The sign-up deadline for the Excursions was Monday, October 18th.
- Vendor space - The deadline to submit the contract was October 20th.
- Volunteer Now! Get involved and become a star. We have a great WeeM every year due to the many of you who sign up to help out for a few hours or more. Double your chance of winning the $50 Amazon Gift Card and other cash prizes by signing up before Wednesday, October 27th.
- Room and/or Ride Sharing - Let us help match you up with another attendee who is also interested in sharing a room or ride by submitting your information by Sunday, October 24th.
- Speaker/Tournament Submissions - The deadline to submit your proposal for a program or tournament for WeeM was Wednesday, September 15th.