Scheduled Car Maintenance ~ What / When / Where???
My crazy neighbor changes his engine oil once a year. My car has 150,000 miles on it and the shop is recommending a trans flush. Should I? Considering all the systems on our cars, it’s not easy to keep up with scheduled maintenance. Sometimes we think the car shop is just looking for ways to make more money. Let’s look at the most critical systems we should worry about. Let’s talk about “recommended” vs “required”. Let’s consider optional ways to reduce your maintenance costs and protect the manufacturer’s warranty. It’s really not that hard and Len can clear away all the smoke and mirrors.
My career history includes automotive technician, auto repair shop owner and auto parts store manager. As a lifelong "gearhead" and auto enthusiast, together with my son, we have owned and repaired go karts, motorcycles and too many cars and trucks to count. To me, a day spent in the garage is like a vacation. As an award winning member of Toastmasters International, I am thrilled to be invited back to your Mensa convention for my 6th year.
*Note: The information above is a draft provided by the presenter and may be different in the HalloweeM Program Booklet.
Saturday, October 30th at 4 PM US/CDT
- Registration - Join the fun at WeeM. Register at the door if you haven’t preregistered. The deadline for online registration was October 15th.
- Excursion - The sign-up deadline for the Excursions was Monday, October 18th.
- Vendor space - The deadline to submit the contract was October 20th.
- Lodging - The deadline set by the hotel for the WeeM rate was October 14th.
- Volunteer Now! Get involved and become a star. We have a great WeeM every year due to the many of you who sign up to help out for a few hours or more. Double your chance of winning the $50 Amazon Gift Card and other cash prizes by signing up before Wednesday, October 27th.
- Room and/or Ride Sharing - Let us help match you up with another attendee who is also interested in sharing a room or ride by submitting your information by Sunday, October 24th.
- Speaker/Tournament Submissions - The deadline to submit your proposal for a program or tournament for WeeM was Wednesday, September 15th.