Sir Ernest Shackleton and The Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration
Ernest Shackleton, an Antarctic explorer, became well known for his bravery and leadership. His greatest success was his Endurance Expedition, 1914-1916, when his skills resulted in the survival and safe return of all 28 men from his ship, overcoming unimaginable odds. This expedition has become known as the greatest survival story of all time. The program covers Shackleton’s biography and his four Antarctic expeditions, as well as interesting facts about other explorers on Shackleton’s expeditions.
Ken Levine, an avid traveler. has visited 7 continents and 80+ countries. He has traveled independently on 6 of those continents. In Siberia he rode public trains from Vladivostok to Moscow. His 3 trips to Antarctica included the Geographic South Pole. He has examined Antarctic exhibits in the U.K., Ireland, Norway, Chile, Australia and New Zealand. He has an extensive library of books and videos of polar history.
*Note: The information above is a draft provided by the presenter and may be different in the HalloweeM Program Booklet.
Friday, October 29th at 2:30 PM US/CDT
- Registration - Join the fun at WeeM. Register at the door if you haven’t preregistered. The deadline for online registration was October 15th.
- Excursion - The sign-up deadline for the Excursions was Monday, October 18th.
- Vendor space - The deadline to submit the contract was October 20th.
- Lodging - The deadline set by the hotel for the WeeM rate was October 14th.
- Volunteer Now! Get involved and become a star. We have a great WeeM every year due to the many of you who sign up to help out for a few hours or more. Double your chance of winning the $50 Amazon Gift Card and other cash prizes by signing up before Wednesday, October 27th.
- Room and/or Ride Sharing - Let us help match you up with another attendee who is also interested in sharing a room or ride by submitting your information by Sunday, October 24th.
- Speaker/Tournament Submissions - The deadline to submit your proposal for a program or tournament for WeeM was Wednesday, September 15th.