Truncated Travels: Wandering in the COVID Age
Constrained by COVID regulations, Ruth canceled her flight to Athens and ensuing wander north to the Baltic. Her desperation trip to our country's first city turned out to be just as disorganized as her world travels and as much about the journey as the destination.
Ruth Danielle spent 25 years earning an M.M. in voice from Northwestern. Her longest job was with the Chicago Symphony Chorus; there were hundreds of other less interesting ones. Mensa changed her life: she became a local group officer and graduated to Honcho of the Isolated M SIG. She haphazardly wanders the world, shares her travel adventures through her presentations, creates jewelry, and still sings.
*Note: The information above is a draft provided by the presenter and may be different in the HalloweeM Program Booklet.
Friday, October 29th at 4 PM US/CDT
- Registration - Join the fun at WeeM. Register at the door if you haven’t preregistered. The deadline for online registration was October 15th.
- Excursion - The sign-up deadline for the Excursions was Monday, October 18th.
- Vendor space - The deadline to submit the contract was October 20th.
- Lodging - The deadline set by the hotel for the WeeM rate was October 14th.
- Volunteer Now! Get involved and become a star. We have a great WeeM every year due to the many of you who sign up to help out for a few hours or more. Double your chance of winning the $50 Amazon Gift Card and other cash prizes by signing up before Wednesday, October 27th.
- Room and/or Ride Sharing - Let us help match you up with another attendee who is also interested in sharing a room or ride by submitting your information by Sunday, October 24th.
- Speaker/Tournament Submissions - The deadline to submit your proposal for a program or tournament for WeeM was Wednesday, September 15th.