This Doesn’t Ad Up — Spectacular Fails in Global Marketing
Surely you have heard about the infamous, unfortunate story of Chevy marketing its Nova in Spanish speaking countries where the name means &dlquo;Won’t Go”. Well, that one is actually an urban legend, but, this program will touch upon lots of other true and truly epic marketing and branding fails from around the world. Enjoy some cultural blunders and a language faux pas or two and impress your friends at your next cocktail party or just relish in some good old-fashioned schadenfreude.
Some adult language. (They started it.)
Dr. Kimberly Strickland has her doctorate in Business Administration, an MBA in Marketing, and an MS in Technology Management. She teaches marketing to graduate students, who usually stay awake, at Wilmington University. She has spent her career in pharmaceuticals, supporting products and programs for rare diseases and is active in the Young Hope Society, a philanthropic group of young leaders serving the bleeding disorder community. She is the National Membership Officer for American Mensa.
*Note: The information above is a draft provided by the presenter and may be different in the HalloweeM Program Booklet.
Friday, October 29th at 1 PM US/CDT
- Registration - Join the fun at WeeM. Register at the door if you haven’t preregistered. The deadline for online registration was October 15th.
- Excursion - The sign-up deadline for the Excursions was Monday, October 18th.
- Vendor space - The deadline to submit the contract was October 20th.
- Lodging - The deadline set by the hotel for the WeeM rate was October 14th.
- Volunteer Now! Get involved and become a star. We have a great WeeM every year due to the many of you who sign up to help out for a few hours or more. Double your chance of winning the $50 Amazon Gift Card and other cash prizes by signing up before Wednesday, October 27th.
- Room and/or Ride Sharing - Let us help match you up with another attendee who is also interested in sharing a room or ride by submitting your information by Sunday, October 24th.
- Speaker/Tournament Submissions - The deadline to submit your proposal for a program or tournament for WeeM was Wednesday, September 15th.