Illinois Railway Museum: Past, Present & Future
When it comes to railroads, Chicago has a richer and deeper history than anywhere else in the USA. Almost every family has at least one ancestor who worked in the railroad/transit industry. From humble beginnings, the Illinois Railway Museum has grown into the largest museum of its kind in the country, with the mission to educate the public about railway history. Former Museum President, Ray Piesciuk, speaks about the 70 year history of the Museum, highlighting key artifacts and the spirit of volunteerism, which is the backbone of IRM.
Ray Piesciuk has been volunteering at the Illinois Railway Museum for 26 years. Ray has served as President, Director, Managing Editor of the Museum's quarterly magazine Rail & Wire, Curator of the Trolley Bus & Motor Bus Collections, Recording Secretary, and serves on several committees. Ray's wife Julie is also an active volunteer.Although their full-time RV lifestyle doesn't allow them to be physically at the Museum as much as they'd like, they both still contribute regularly from the road.
*Note: The information above is a draft provided by the presenter and may be different in the HalloweeM Program Booklet.
Friday, October 29th at 1 PM US/CDT
- Registration - Join the fun at WeeM. Register at the door if you haven’t preregistered. The deadline for online registration was October 15th.
- Excursion - The sign-up deadline for the Excursions was Monday, October 18th.
- Vendor space - The deadline to submit the contract was October 20th.
- Lodging - The deadline set by the hotel for the WeeM rate was October 14th.
- Volunteer Now! Get involved and become a star. We have a great WeeM every year due to the many of you who sign up to help out for a few hours or more. Double your chance of winning the $50 Amazon Gift Card and other cash prizes by signing up before Wednesday, October 27th.
- Room and/or Ride Sharing - Let us help match you up with another attendee who is also interested in sharing a room or ride by submitting your information by Sunday, October 24th.
- Speaker/Tournament Submissions - The deadline to submit your proposal for a program or tournament for WeeM was Wednesday, September 15th.