Mental Illness and Employment
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, nearly one in five US adults live with a form of mental illness. The number of people reaching out for help only increased with COVID. In this discussion, Emily will talk about her stories of helping those who struggle with severe mental illness, such as Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, and more, and the obstacles and challenges she has overcome to help them find employment.
Emily is an Assistant Program Director at Thresholds, a Chicago local non-profit that aims to improve the lives of those suffering from mental illness, in the Employment Department. She oversees four teams of Employment Specialists that work tirelessly to help their clients, who all suffer from severe mental illness, in reaching their education and employment goals.
*Note: The information above is a draft provided by the presenter and may be different in the HalloweeM Program Booklet.
Saturday, October 30th at 1 PM US/CDT
- Registration - Join the fun at WeeM. Register at the door if you haven’t preregistered. The deadline for online registration was October 15th.
- Excursion - The sign-up deadline for the Excursions was Monday, October 18th.
- Vendor space - The deadline to submit the contract was October 20th.
- Lodging - The deadline set by the hotel for the WeeM rate was October 14th.
- Volunteer Now! Get involved and become a star. We have a great WeeM every year due to the many of you who sign up to help out for a few hours or more. Double your chance of winning the $50 Amazon Gift Card and other cash prizes by signing up before Wednesday, October 27th.
- Room and/or Ride Sharing - Let us help match you up with another attendee who is also interested in sharing a room or ride by submitting your information by Sunday, October 24th.
- Speaker/Tournament Submissions - The deadline to submit your proposal for a program or tournament for WeeM was Wednesday, September 15th.