For Chicago Area Mensa Members
HalloweeM 45: The Vinyl Frontier
Only 92 days until HalloweeM 45: The Vinyl Frontier!
Join Chicago Area Mensans at our infamous HalloweeM weekend. Our Regional Gathering (RG) is the largest and the program offers plenty of variety to stimuate your mind, plenty of games and contests to challenge you, and many opportunities to have fun, converse and just enjoy yourself. The pun-tastic costume parade entries will make you laugh (or groan). Meals, snacks, and beverages are included with the exception of dinner on Saturday. Click/Tap here for all the details.
Mensans, you can now register for HalloweeM 45: The Vinyl Frontier! You don't want to miss this terrific and incredibly unique RG featuring programs, tournaments, and online games. HalloweeM runs from Thursday, October 28th through Sunday, October 31st. October 15th is the last day you can register online and qualify for a discount.
And at this time, the hotel is offering an amazing WeeM rate of only $119 until October 7th. So book your room today. If the hotel block is full, please contact our WeeM Chair who will try to expand the block.
Public vs Members-Only Access
By tapping/clicking on any of the menu items on the left, you can access all the information that is of particular interest to Chicago Area Mensa members. Most of the information is publicly viewable, but not personal information, such as phone numbers and addresses, which require you to log in using your American Mensa e‑mail address and password. Official documents are also restricted to members only.
In the public section, you’ll find information about joining Mensa, Chicago Area Mensa officers past and present, and Service Awards. Our activities, including our regional gathering — HalloweeM — and Monthly Gathering, are also listed as well as photos, links to resources related to intellectual giftedness, puzzles, recipes, and more.
Haven’t Found What You Were Looking for on Our Website?
Note: The search only works for our public pages. Regrettably, Google includes ~4 to 5 ads before displaying the actual search results. To eliminate ads, type or copy and paste "site:chicago.us.mensa.org" followed by your search keyword(s) in a browser window rather than in the input field above.
In the password-protected section, Chicago Area Mensa Members may get information about any of the following:
- CAM’s Idea Board: CAM has an Idea Board where you can add ideas and upvote ideas others have submitted that you’d like to see CAM focus on. Input is anonymous and an account isn’t required. Please share your ideas, suggestions, and comments by tapping/clicking on this link. Please feel free to send a note to any Board member if you want to be involved.
- Newsletter: ChiMe: Current and past PDF versions of
ChiMe, our monthly newsletter, are available to view and download.
And since the digital version is available on our website, if you’re interested
in going "green," there are instructions on how to go paperless. If
you’d like to submit an article or material to be published in ChiMe,
please view the Submission Guidelines.
We’d love to hear from you.
If you haven't gone paperless, our circulations manager is interested in seeing how long it takes before members receive their issue of ChiMe. Members can enter the date they got it, especially if it’s late.
- Activity/Event/SIG Coördinators/Hosts: To protect our members' privacy, contact information for events is only available on our password-protected Contact Info page. The list of hosted SIGs and related contact information can be found here. Chicago Area Mensa is an active social group. Information about events, including our Monthly Gathering, are available when you follow this link. When you participate, you'll reap the benefits of your membership.
- The GOBS Trust Fund: These funds are available to all CAM members for certain activities including CAM teams participating in the American Mensa CultureQuest®. Find out the requirements for applying as well as accessing the application form you can fill out online. All requests must be submitted before the CAM Business Meeting preceding the start of the event.
- Forms: Access the online forms that enable you to submit the information about an event you’re hosting or to get reimbursed for expenses you incurred due to your involvement in CAM as an Officer or due to a request for which you volunteered.
- Mensa Connect & E-Mails: Log in and find out how easy it is to subscribe to any of our communities on Mensa Connect — lists for Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and to communicate and interact electronically with your fellow Chicago Mensans. There are instructions and tips on how to opt-out as well.
- CAM E-Mail Alias: Getting a vanity e‑mail address that redirects your e‑mail to your own inbox.
- Our Bylaws and motions passed by the Board (Actions Still In Effect, aka ASIEs)
- Standing Orders: These include descriptions of responsibilities of the various elected (Board of Directors) and appointed positions within Chicago Area Mensa. All positions are held by volunteers who are current Chicago Area Mensans. If you are interested in getting more involved, you can learn more about the various positions and see which ones are vacant by tapping/clicking on "Officers" in the publicly viewable section of the menu on the left or checking the latest edition of ChiMe given there are positions not listed on this website. Even if a position that interests is not currently open, let the Loc Sec know you’re interested so s/he can contact you should it become vacant in the future.
- Approved Business Minutes from past Board of Directors/Steering Committee meetings.
- The Member Handbook
Browse and Enjoy!