Chicago Area Mensa Awards
Committee Selection Process
- The Board nominates the Awards Committee Chair.
- The Chair selects 2 to 4 currently active, previous award winners to serve as committee members.
- No more than one member may be selected from each of the [geographic] areas defined below.
- Winners are selected by a majority of the committee.
Selection of Candidates/Winners (Annually)
There are two types of awards:
Extended, Outstanding Service Award
The award is a plaque to one member of Chicago Area Mensa.
- For consistent service
- Over a minimum of 3 years
- In multiple capacities
- Has not been awarded a plaque in the last 3 years
- May have been awarded a certificate at any time previously
Service to Mensa Award
The award is a certificate issued to a maximum of 5 members of Chicago Area Mensa:
- Select a maximum of 3 from Chicago and
- select a maximum of 2 from each of the following Greater
- North suburbs
- Northwest Suburbs and Rockford area
- West Suburbs
- South Suburbs or Southwest Area
- Service over a minimum period of 2 years
- In, preferably, more than one capacity
- Has not won this award in the last 3 years
Recommendations for both awards
- Services to regional and national Mensa be given consideration, but be weighted less than service to Chicago Area Mensa
- Services in remote areas with little activity be given relatively greater weight
- Length of service be given equal weight to number of services. Example: Candidate A provides one service for 10 years. Candidate B provides 2 services for 5 years each, sequentially. A & B are equally qualified.
- Services be rated by the value of the benefit to the membership or the critical nature of the work done.